UK Politics

Man choked woman, 20, to death during sex after night out

104Views

Man choked woman, 20, to death during sex after night out
Chloe Miazek died days before her 21st birthday (Picture: Police Scotland)

A man choked a woman to death as they had sex after meeting at a bus stop at the end of a night out.

Mark Bruce is facing a lengthy jail sentence after he admitted killing Chloe Miazek, 20, at his flat in Aberdeen in the early hours of November 3 last year.

Solicitor 'forced daughter, 9, to undergo female genital mutilation twice'

Chloe, of Kemnay in Aberdeenshire, died ‘in seconds’ after 32-year-old Bruce seized her neck during sex, the High Court in Aberdeen heard.

She had been out with friends eight days before her 21st birthday but was thrown out of a nightclub as she was drunk, before walking to a bus stop where she met Bruce.

The pair, who shared an interest in ‘erotic asphyxiation’, the court heard, went back to Bruce’s flat.

He was later seen on CCTV wandering the streets for more than an hour before turning himself in at Rosemount Police Station, telling an officer: ‘I’ve done something terrible.’

He added: ‘I’ve killed someone. There’s a female in my bed.’

Man strangled woman to death during sex two hours after meeting her Mark Bruce Police Scotland
Mark Bruce will be sentenced next month and faces a lengthy sentence (Picture: Police Scotland)

Advocate depute Jo McDonald he said: ‘His explanation is he placed his hands around her neck during sexual intercourse and the evidence is consistent with that.

‘The evidence suggests death is likely to have been quick – seconds rather than minutes.

FILE PICTURE - Lance Corporal Mikko Vehvilainen, via HMP Belmarsh when they appeared at the Old Bailey. See NTI story NTINAZI. The jury have been sworn in for the trial of two British Army soldiers accused of being members of banned neo-Nazi group National Action. Lance corporal Mikko Vehvilainen, 33, and Private Mark Barrett, 24, deny being a member of National Action, which is contrary to the Terrorism Act 2000 and became the first right-wing group banned by the Government following the murder of MP Jo Cox in 2016. Vehvilainen and a 23-year-old civilian, who cannot be named for legal reasons, both deny other terror-related offences. Father-of-two Barrett, who was based at the British Army?s Dhekelia base in Cyprus, and Vehvilainen, originally from Finland, appeared at Birmingham Crown Court on Monday (12/3) flanked by five dock officers, along with the third defendant, from Birmingham.'National Action' soldier 'had terrorism manual written by Anders Breivik'

‘The extent of the injuries suggested not much force being used.’

Defence advocate Brian McConnachie QC said: ‘Evidence has been disclosed to the defence from a previous partner that sexual asphyxiation was something Miss Miazek was interesed in.

‘I don’t wish to sound like I’m suggesting she was the author of her own misfortunate but it is a significant factor.

‘The accused can’t recall the specifics of what went on but it seems that they had something of a shared interest in that particular practice.

‘He recalls that all of a sudden it changed from everything being alright to her being dead.’

More: UK

Bruce, who pleaded guilty to culpable homicide, has been remanded in custody ahead of his sentencing on April 5.

In a statement, Chloe’s family said: ‘We remain absolutely devastated following the death of our beautiful daughter and sister, Chloe.

‘She was in the prime of her life and had so much to look forward to and it is difficult for us to comprehend that she is not here with us today.’

Leave a Reply