Caroline Flack’s boyfriend Lewis Burton: ‘We had something so special’
Caroline Flack's boyfriend Lewis Burton has spoken about her death, posting a statement on Instagram, promising to be her "voice" and "ask all the questions".
It is the first time the ex-tennis professional has spoken following news that Flack had taken her own life.
Burton posted a picture of the couple on holiday together, with the presenter's arms around his neck, writing: "My heart is broken we had something so special.
"I am so lost for words I am in so much pain I miss you so much I know you felt safe with me you always said I don't think about anything else when I am with you and I was not allowed to be there this time I kept asking and asking.
"I will be your voice baby I promise I will ask all the questions you wanted and I will get all the answers nothing will bring you back but I will try make you proud everyday.
"I love you with all my heart."
He ended his post with a broken heart emoji.
More from Caroline Flack
He also re-posted one of Flack's old message in his stories which used the quote: "In a world where you can be anything, be kind," adding "I will love you forever".
Flack was found dead in her east London flat on Saturday, with her family confirming "our Caroline passed away".
The 40-year-old had been due to stand trial in March for allegedly assaulting Burton last year.
She had pleaded not guilty to the charge and was released on bail, with conditions that stopped her having any contact with the 27-year-old model.
During a court appearance in December, the prosecutor had said that after being cautioned Flack had said she would "kill herself".
Her management team have criticised prosecutors for pressing ahead with what they called her "show trial".
Francis Ridley, of Money Talent Management, issued a statement hitting out at the Crown Prosecution Service writing: "In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported.
"The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events.
"The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest. And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline."
In response the CPS said: "Given the tragic circumstances, we will not comment on the specifics of this case at this stage."
Burton, who received a head injury during the alleged incident, said he had "never supported" Flack's prosecution.
He has also previously spoken out in support of Flack, claiming she had become the subject of a "witch-hunt".
Following the charge, Flack had stepped down from her Love Island presenting role and was replaced by Irish presenter Laura Whitmore.
Flack had also stopped posting on social media, telling her 2.3 million followers she had "been advised not to go on social media".
She had explained: "This kind of scrutiny and speculation is a lot for one person to take on their own, I'm a human being at the end of the day and I'm not going to be silenced when I have a story to tell and a life to keep going with.
"I'm taking some time out to get feeling better and learn some lessons from situations I've got myself into."
Flack broke that silence the day before her death, posting a set of Valentine's Day snaps showing her with newly dyed blonde hair beside her beloved French Bulldog Ruby.
Following news of her death, tributes were paid from fellow ceRead More – Source